Thursday, January 12, 2012

The 2013 Ford Fusion.

Posted by NaijaGeisha on 9:03 AM with No comments
I'm not a car freak. In fact the only  thing I enjoy about cars is road trips with friends. Apart from that, i'd rather just commute to wherever I'm going to. I can't even drive to save my life and the funny thing is there's a car at home which no one drives, but I cant just  be bothered.


But there's this tiny bond that exists between myself and any ford car. I've always loved ford. Way back in Naija, my folks used to own a ford and that was where my love for any ford car started. I've always told people if and when I own a car, its definitely going to be a ford. I always persuaded my ex to get a ford when he wanted to get a car but he ended up getting a Toyota Vios saying Ford was ugly. Last week I showed him the Ford Explorer 2011 and he actually liked it.


Yesterday while going through one of the various fora i read, I saw a thread about the new Ford Fusion and immediately I fell in love. This baby is the first sedan to offer gasoline, hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions -- each expected to deliver top fuel economy and an engaging driving experience. This baby might actually make me learn how to drive and work hard to buy it. Gorgeous is an understatement. 


Here's what ford has to say:
“Our vision for Fusion was clear – deliver the very best of what ‘One Ford’ stands for,” said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president of Global Product Development. “We brought our global teams together around a blank slate with the charge to develop a midsize car with ground- breaking design and jaw-dropping fuel economy – one that featured technologies to help make our customers safer and better drivers. This car is the result.”


Specific Technologies this baby comes with include :
* Lane Keeping System: This class-exclusive technology consists of three elements to help a driver maintain proper lane position. Using a small, forward-facing camera behind the inside rearview mirror, the system “looks” down the road, monitoring lane lines to determine that the car is on course. The system will alert a driver if drowsiness or erratic lane-keeping is detected. The second element warns a driver with a steering wheel vibration if the Fusion drifts too close to lane markings. Finally, lane keeping aid will actually apply pressure on the steering to help bring the car back into proper lane position.

* Adaptive cruise control: Using forward-looking radar, this system “looks” down the road when activated, slowing the Fusion when slower traffic is detected ahead. Adaptive cruise control enables collision warning with brake support to help slow the car if the potential of a crash is detected.

* Active park assist: Employing sensors, this technology can identify a suitable parallel parking space, calculate the trajectory and steer the car to properly position it within the spot. All a driver need do is operate accelerator and brake pedals.

* Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with cross-traffic alert: Sensors in both Fusion rear quarter-panels are able to detect traffic in a driver’s blind spot, providing both audible and visual warnings if traffic – unseen by the driver – is detected. BLIS technology enables cross-traffic alert, warning the driver of oncoming traffic when backing out of a parking space with obstructed views, such as between two large vans.

* The power of voice
The all-new Fusion offers the latest iteration of Ford’s award-winning, industry-exclusive SYNC® communications and entertainment system, which enables voice-activated communication through a driver’s mobile phone and interaction with the car’s audio system. 

Fusion also offers the latest version of MyFord Touch®, allowing a driver to interact with vehicle systems through voice control, a touch screen tap or a conventional button.

Both SYNC and MyFord Touch – powered by SYNC – help reduce the potential for driver distraction through voice-controlled functionality, allowing drivers to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.



You can read more here.  


Pictures of this beauty.




















Mehn, this is what you call beauty. I fell in love immediately I saw it. Another reason I love love love it is it has this Aston Martin influence on its design. Pure beauty I tell you guys.


Anyhoos, hope everyone is doing great. Work has been there. A whole lot to do and little time, but I'm grateful to God for the strength. Have a great weekend ahead everyone. 
Xx
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment