Friday, November 11, 2011

TGIF

Posted by NaijaGeisha on 5:34 PM with 1 comment
Thank God it's Friday!!! The weekend officially starts tomorrow. I work on Saturdays but, I have it programmed in my mind that weekend starts for me on Friday. I only work half days though on Saturdays. I love Fridays, the fact that most pay days have always fallen on Fridays or because we are allowed to wear anything casual. I usually don't have to worry about looking for what to wear. I just pull out my pants and then a casual top to go along and any flat shoes.
Today is one of my best friend's birthdays. So after work, we'll be having dinner at this seaside place. It’s a large place where various restaurants are and then you buy and choose your favorite sea food in their wet-market stalls and then hand it to your chosen restaurant to have it cooked the way you like. I love sea food so much and really glad I’m not allergic to any seafood. I had a friend who used to be and mehn, it was terrible because we had to be careful when choosing restaurants.  So  I’m looking forward to this dinner and besides the food, I’ll be seeing some of my Nigerian Filipino friends also and loads of catch up.
I got pissed off today when a friend told me I should be careful with the coffee I drink, when I told him I was dozing off at work and fueling my system with coffee. He went on about how too much caffeine is bad for women and all sorts. After I left him to type like almost 100 lines of why coffee is bad, I told him to come back and remind me when he stops drinking alcohol. The thing is I have no problem in you advising or criticizing whatever it is I do which is bad, but it gets annoying when you do it all the time. Anytime I tell this dude I’m doing this, he would always look for something negative to say about it. I'm still waiting for the day he'll say it when I’m a little bit tipsy and would be bold to say anything, then I’ll tell him off. Can't be having negative discussions every day.
I let my cousin borrow my laptop while she remains without one. That means  I would be missing football games and also watching my series. *Sigh*. Thinking about it, I've actually grown or would I say change? Some 8 months ago, I would never have been able to part ways with my laptop. I was that addicted to the internet. I was still in school then, but the internet was my life. If I didn't have internet connection at home, I would spend the whole day at a coffee shop and buy a new series to watch at night. These days I doubt I spend more than an hour online once I get back from work. 
So since I started hanging out with this guy, I've cut down on my mall visits, which only means one thing. No shopping. I day dream a lot about days in the future where I would be able to buy a 1000 dollars shoe without even thinking of how it will affect my account.  **sigh**

I've had Drake's take care song on repeat.
I am thankful to the Higher Power that has helped to sustain me through the  trials and challenges I've been facing.

God knows the major point whenever I pray is always for Him to make me happy. I always call up to Him to grant the desires of my heart which happiness is the top priority. If only people made happiness a major point in their life, there would be less depression, less suicides. Positivity goes a long way guys.

I'm grateful  for the variety that life brings. Even after all these ups and downs, I am ready to keep going.
I was reading a note i had written last year which I never published where i was wondering why some girls stay in relationships where the guy doesn’t see their worth and treats them bad. If only I knew that in such situation, it’s not easy especially when you love the guy. But then what’s the point of loving someone who doesn’t love you back, who doesn’t put efforts in the relationship, who doesn’t care about what you feel, who makes empty promises. One thing people don’t realize is that once you have a significant other or a boyfriend/girlfriend, everything you do shouldn’t be about you. You have to make sacrifices, relationships aren't just about sex or just having a boyfriend for the sake of it, there’s a whole lot of emotions involved, which someone people don’t even think about. When you make it all about you, without thinking of the other party involved, it becomes pointless making the other person feel worthless. I guess this whole issue boils down to what each of you want in a relationship. That’s why getting to know someone before you guys start is very important. Lol I might not have experiences in such, but i sure as hell know that it’s simple logic.
There are a lot of fishes in the ocean. Find a good spot to fish, there are as well many frogs you would have to kiss before you would be able to find your fish which might turn out to be your prince charming. So heres a tip, avoid places where frogs are, fish in places where you think the best fishes that are the type you like would be , be patient and in no time your fish aka prince charming would be around.

How come i can spend 30 minutes on twitter  before going to work and to straight iron my hair for 10 minutes is a problem.
I hate cliques. Enough Said.
International break this weekend, that means no football to watch :(. Looking forward to hang out with him this weekend though. :D

I'm about to leave work and start my weekend proper. Here's to a great weekend.  Xx





1 comment:

  1. ...the only part i actually read was the 3rd line from the end. :d

    ReplyDelete